... the project:
Land of no cheese follows a simple principle: two interconnected photos in each post, as a way to explore the chaos and magic of Hong Kong (with occasional exceptions to the rule). This project uses photos for illustration or humour; for 'pure' photography, visit Land of no cheese on Flickr.
Click on any photo to enlarge it. To navigate this blog, click on the link below every post to lead you to another thematically related post or scroll to the bottom to explore archives and themes, such as colour, candid, or underwater.
My name is Emilie and I live in Hong Kong. I am partial to a bit of cheese. The name of this site originates from a concern of mine prior to moving here. In truth, I needn't have worried.
You can keep up with Land of no cheese by following @landofnocheese on Twitter or liking the Facebook page.
I am no longer actively updating this blog as of 2015, having started a new blog here. If you wish to contact me, please use the form on the contact page of that blog.
Land of no cheese elsewhere:
- Facebook - like!
- Flickr - add!
- Twitter - follow!
- Photos every fortnight in Time Out Hong Kong on the 'Hidden Hong Kong' page.
- HK Underwater photos in the August 2013 issue of Discovery, the Cathay Pacific inflight magazine.
3. Guest contributions:
- Photo feature and East HK walking tour for girl's mag Sassy Hong Kong.
- Hong Kong guest contribution to conceptual mag Pen & Image. View the full May 2011 issue here.
- Featured photos on China websites Lost Laowai and China Digital Times.
4. Reviews and features:
- A feature about Land of no cheese on the design site, Eclectic Cool.
- An interview in the blog Chinese Dream Project.
- An interview at Blogexpat.com's expat interviews.
- A review of this blog at Hong Kong Blogs Review.